If you like sheep, hills, grass, English weather, tight lycra and the North, then I’m delighted to tell you the Coast to Coast bike ride is for you! I’d know, I cycled all 170 miles of it over 3 days, raising money for Cancer Research.
Whilst cycling from Morecambe to Bridlington, I learnt a few things:
- England has lots and lots and lots of sheep
- Sunglasses tinted orange make everything look like the Maldives, if the Maldives were quaint Northern villages with streams, lambs and all that country stuff
- England has lots and lots of hills/mountains – “Get the JCB, we’re digging a tunnel”
- Hail hurts when you’re cycling into it in shorts
- If you’re on the verge of a physical and mental breakdown, eat a flapjack.
But at the end, when you see the sea and nearly ride full pelt into the sign, you feel spectacular. Like a superhero, complete with spangly lycra.